Here is the changelog for yesterday’s Surface Pro 4 firmware update
Yesterday, Microsoft dropped a new firmware update for the Surface Pro 4, aimed at devices running all versions of Windows 10. Now that some time has passed, Microsoft has finally updated the Surface Pro 4 update history page to show the changelog. So, here is what you need to know about the latest firmware update:
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware: 103.1684.256.0 improves battery life during sleep.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device: 188.8.131.52 disables touch when cover is closed, and improves stability.
- Surface driver update for Surface Integration: 184.108.40.206 adjusts system Hibernation defaults.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Touch Servicing ML: 1.0.724.0 optimizes touch functionality.
- Surface driver update for Surface System Aggregator: 103.1610.256.0 resolves screen brightness issue when device comes out of sleep.
- Surface driver update for Surface UEFI: 106.1624.768.0 refines brightness settings.
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Touch: 220.127.116.11 optimizes touch functionality.
According to Microsoft, you should expect increased reliability, performance, and battery life after installing this update. Sound off in the comments and let us know how this firmware update is working for you!Further reading: firmware update, Microsoft, Surface, Surface Pro 4