Here are the pre-order pages, pricing for the newly announced Surface Pro and Signature Type Cover
Very early this morning at the Microsoft Event in Shanghai, Microsoft announced the launch of the Surface Pro, and new Signature Type Covers. Now that some time has passed, the company has made available pre-order pages for both of these new products. We’ve given the pages a look and have included the links and details for you below.
We begin with the page for the Surface Pro, which if pre-ordered will ship by June 16th, 2017. The Surface Pro comes in a total of six different configurations, with different amounts of RAM, and different processors and amounts of storage. Please find the details of these models below.
- 128 GB/Intel Core m3/4GB RAM: $799.00
- 128 GB/Intel Core i5/ 4GB RAM: $999.00
- 256 GB/Intel Core i5/ 8 GB RAM: $1,299.00
- 256 GB/Intel Core i7/8 GB RAM: $1,599.00
- 512 GB/Intel Core i7/ 16 GB RAM: $2,199.00
- 1TB/Intel Core i7/ 16 GB RAM: $2,699.00
Next up is the page for the Signature Type Covers. The Type Covers come in a total of three colors, all of which are available for the price of $159.99. Before you buy, you can check the details on these covers by reading Microsoft’s description below. And yes, these covers are backward compatible with the Surface Pro 4, if you were curious.
- Laptop-class typing. The Surface Pro Signature Type Cover offers a laptop-class scissor mechanism to provide consistent and stable 1.3mm key travel for easier and more accurate typing than on the iPad Pro.
- Best of Microsoft technology. The Surface Pro Signature Type Cover has LED backlighting, optimum key spacing for fast, fluid typing, and a large glass trackpad with improved gesture support and accuracy for precise control and navigation.
- Beautiful and personal. Wrapped in luxurious Alcantara material for an even more comfortable typing experience, the Surface Pro Signature Type Cover comes in three rich tone-on-tone colors— Platinum, Burgundy and Cobalt Blue— coordinated with the new Surface Pro, Surface Pen and Surface Arc Mouse.
Microsoft has also put up a product page for the new Surface Pen but not has provided any pricing details or pre-order ability at this time. You can still read up on the pen by checking our post here. Again, the new Surface Pen is indeed compatible with the Surface Studio, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, Surface Pro, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, and Surface 3.
The new Surface Pro provides people with the most responsive and natural digital inking experience thanks to the new Surface Pen. Writing and drawing on your new Surface Pro with the new Surface Pen feels like writing or drawing on paper, with features such as tilt for shading, increased pressure sensitivity levels and faster inking. The new Surface Pen not only helps you express your thoughts, ideas and drawings on screen, it reflects your personal style with four new color choices.
It is very exciting to see that Microsoft has refreshed the Surface lineup with a set of new accessories. Which of these products do you plan to buy? We love to hear from our readers, so please do let us know by dropping us a comment in the section below!Further reading: #ShanghaiEvent, Microsoft, Microsoft Store, Signature Type Cover, Surface Pen, Surface Pro, Type Cover