Arena allows players to use cards from all the factions within one match however they will need to win nine matches within Arena to complete the mode and if they lose three time, they will get kicked out. A special cinematic trailer was released to help celebrate the launch of the new mode and in typical Witcher video game style, it look pretty impressive.
The 10 new cards added to the game with this update are all gold cards with five coming from the Neutral faction and one coming from each of the five others. Here are their names along with the changes made to some of the existing cards.
- New card added: Geralt: Professional
- New card added: Triss: Telekinesis
- New card added: Dandelion: Poet
- New card added: Dandelion: Vainglory
- New card added: Ihuarraquax
- New card added: Imlerith: Sabbath
- New card added: Cerys: Fearless
- New card added: Roche: Merciless
- New card added: Morenn: Forest Child
- New card added: Yennefer: Necromancer
- Fixed the issue whereby Impera Enforcers would deal damage more than once in combination with Emissary.
- Fixed the issue whereby the power of Summoned and transformed units would not display.
- Fixed the issue whereby Kaedweni Revenant would trigger its ability on the side of the player who Charmed it with Muzzle.
- Fixed the issue whereby Derran boosts when Ronvid the Incessant is Resurrected for the first time.
- It should no longer be possible to return a boosted unit with 0 base power to hand.
- Fixed VFX and SFX for Monster Nest.
- Added informational pop-up about GOG Galaxy Overlay being necessary for Starter Pack purchase.
- First Light added to player’s hand in The Elder Race Alliance Challenge.
- Fixed the issue whereby Cerys an Craite triggers only once when Discarded by Bran Tuirseach and the second and third Discarded units are Resurrected immediately after entering the graveyard.
- Several tooltip fixes and improvements.
Do you like the new Arena mode? Let us know in the comments below.