Growing concerns around Cyber security sparks massive interest from Defense Industry at Management World Americas
TM Forum conference to tackle security standards with keynote from Henry Sienkiewicz, CIO, DISA and participation from US DoD, NSA, MITRE, and SkyBox Security
MORRISTOWN, NJ—October 18, 2010 – With growing concerns surrounding cyber security and attention building on cloud and policy-based management, interest in Defense at Management World Americas conference, November 9-11, 2010 in Orlando, FL. has soared to an all time high, attracting some of the biggest names in the industry. This comes as TM Forum reports a record-breaking 20% increase in overall registrations for its flagship U.S. event.
Spearheaded by a keynote address from Henry Sienkiewicz, CIO, DISA, defense-related activities at the 3 day conference include:
- a high-profile half day Defense Spotlight, with some of the biggest names in the industry, on Tuesday November 9, dedicated to Securing Network Operations and SATCOM and Spectrum Management
- a Cloud Summit boasting several key defense speakers including Jesse Jones, Technical Director, Office of CIO, DISA, on the "Security in the Cloud" panel, together with presentations from Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton and Northrop Grumman
- a Federated Service Level Management (SLA) multi-vendor catalyst demonstration in Forumville, co-championed by NATO C3 Agency and the UK MOD Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL), leveraging Infonova and Layer 7 technologies to demonstrate the agile and rapid build out of the end-to-end ICT service chain and secured messaging across a multi-national coalition
- a range of other Defense relevant presentations on Policy and Security Management topics in the general conference summits on Operational Excellence and Customer Experience.
The US DoD's Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), the National Security Agency (NSA), MITRE and SkyBox Security are amongst those engaging in the high-profile half-day Defense Spotlight.
Here they will be debating critical issues surrounding securing network operations, the application of policy-based management, and the relevance of TM Forum's Frameworx standard - which were recently enhanced with Network Defense context. This advancement comes at a key time following the recent declaration from President Obama that US digital infrastructure is a national security asset which must be "secure, trustworthy and resilient."
These industry experts will present and discuss best practices, techniques, and strategies, and the role of TM Forum standards, all of which serve to benefit Government and Defense agencies and operators of public networks alike.
- Meg Sebastian, Chief, DISN OSS, DISA
- Sriram Chakrapani, Chief, Integration Engineering Division, DISA
- Adam Vincent, CTO Public Sector, Layer 7 Technologies
- Edward Chow, Technology Manager, NASA JPL
- James Heath, Senior Analyst, Technology Research Institute
- Michelle Johnson Cobb, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Skybox Security
- Chris Poulin, Chief Security Officer, Q1 Labs
- Dan O'Donnell, VP of Business Development Americas, Network Critical
- Bob Natale, Chief Engineer, Joint NetOps & Cyber Defense, MITRE Corporation
- Howard McDonald, Team Lead-DSA, Defense Spectrum Organization, DISA
- Alan Rosner, GEMSIS Chief Engineer, DISA
- J. Michael O'Hehir, US DOD Spectrum Data Administrator, DoD
- Dr. Jeffrey Boksiner, Senior Technical Lead, Spectrum Management Programs Antennas & Spectrum Analysis Division, Army CERDE
- Management World Americas 2010 comprises three days of interactive presentations and intensive debates across four conference Summits and a Defense Spotlight.
- The conference will also feature a variety of networking opportunities and TM Forum training designed to help participants conquer integration problems, improve operational and business agility and take the cost and risk out of their current projects.
- Government and Defense Agencies, their contractors, vendors and integrators, have a distinct voice and collaboration venue within the TM Forum called the "Government/Defense Initiative". This Initiative serves as a global industry community whose primary purpose is collaboration on key industry operational and IT management issues of special relevance to Government and Defense organizations with the intention of identifying and developing standards to reduce cost, improve performance and increase ability to support their missions.
- TM Forum's Defense Interest Group within the Initiative was the result of recognizing that a community of Frameworx adopters exists that specializes in the defense industry. The Defense Interest Group attracts members for the primary purpose of collaboration on key industry issues of special relevance to defense organizations, including special requirements known as "military unique features", and the identification and development of supporting standards. The group is co-chaired by Tamas Halmai, NATO C3, and Bob Natale, MITRE.
- Catalyst Multi-Company Live Demonstrations will run continually, where attendees can see the concepts and strategies talked about in the conference put into practice with live collaborative demonstrations in Forumville. Catalyst projects featured at Management World Americas 2010 span Cloud Services, Revenue Management, Customer Experience, Operational Excellence, Cable, Defense/Government and more.
- Forumville offers a unique Management World experience where visitors can learn more about recent Defense contributions to the TM Forum which have been transformed into Network Defense and Policy Management enhancements to the TM Forum's Information Framework (SID).
- Visitors will also be able to meet with experts who are implementing TM Forum's Frameworx standard and learn more about how to get involved in TM Forum initiatives including: Enabling Cloud Services, Government and Defense, Cable, Enabling Operational Excellence, Revenue Management and more.
- TM Forum is offering Government employees a 40% saving on the current Gold Conference pass. Proof of employment will be required.
According to Christy Coffey, Head of TM Forum's Defense Initiative, TM Forum, "Management World Americas is fast becoming a highly Defense-relevant conference that tackles the tough issues facing the Defense industry at this time. As more emphasis is put on the introduction of standards around cyber security, TM Forum and its industry–leading Frameworx standards for Network Defense are now more relevant than ever before."