Groove Music for Windows 10 Mobile was updated late yesterday, bringing a number of improvements to the mobile music app. According to a post in the Microsoft Answers forum by Microsoft engineer Ellen Kilbourne, the update brings a number of changes:
- You can share a link to music by tapping Share in the context menu. Tell your friends what you've been listening to!
- We now only automatically show more albums for artists you're exploring if you aren't on a metered data connection to reduce data usage.
- The theme setting in the app is now tied to the related system setting.
- Improvements in the way the app searches for music on your mobile device.
- Popular settings from the desktop version of the app are now in the mobile version - look for settings related to Downloads, Media Info, and OneDrive in the mobile app.
The app update comes just in time, as Windows 10 Mobile itself was updated yesterday, to its "final" shipping version, 10586.11. The build number for the mobile Groove Music app is 3.6.1537.0, and if you have automatic updates set you should have it already on your Windows phone.