Microsoft has released today new updates for its Groove Music and Movies & TV apps for Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and members of the Xbox One Preview program. Both universal apps have been bumped to version 10.16101.10252.0 and the new bits bring some minor UI and UX changes that are likely to improve usability.
Here is the change log for the Groove Music app:
- When you’re offline, it’s easier to see what’s playable. When you’re connected again, online pages automatically refresh.
- Search auto-suggestions on Xbox can easily be seen and accessed directly above the on screen keyboard.
- We added additional accessibility context in UI components allowing narrator to be more descriptive when reading user context.
- Notifications will remain on screen as long as they have focus, otherwise they will automatically dismiss.
- We improved the persistent header in collection pages to remove graphical glitches and increase the smoothness of scrolling.
Now, here is the one for the Movies & TV app:
- When you multiselect videos in File Explorer, you can now use the Previous and Next controls to skip between them while you watch
- If you only own an episode or two of a TV show, you now get a link to complete your season in the Store.
- You can now use “Y” on your Xbox controller to search your collection and our catalog.
- You can now quickly purchase the next season of your TV show straight from post-roll
- You can now re-rent an expired movie straight from the Movies & TV app (no need to go through the Store anymore).
- On Windows devices, you can more quickly resume or restart movies currently in progress.
I case you missed it, Microsoft also pushed new updates to its Windows Maps and Skype UWP apps for Windows Insiders earlier this week, and as usual these updates should roll out to non-Insiders in the coming weeks.