The original of Gears of War is back, but this time remastered for the Xbox One. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One brings the original title from the Gears of Wars series to Microsoft’s latest generation console. And it is now available in the Xbox Games Store.
The ultimate edition isn’t a mere carbon copy of the original game, but has been remastered and comes with additional content. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition features:
- Full 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
- Five new campaign chapters never released on Xbox.
- New multiplayer modes, including Team Death Match, King of the Hill, and a 2v2 mode designed by the Gears of War community.
- 19 multiplayer maps, including all of the original DLC maps plus three new multiplayer maps previously only on the original PC version
Unlockable comic books to read within the game.
- Early access to the multiplayer beta for the next Gears of War.
For those not familiar with the Gears of War series, it is a third-person shooter set in a bleak future where the Coalition of Ordered Governments is trying to save humanity from the Locus Horde, a race of subterranean reptilian hominids. The player fights the Locus Horde as Marcus Fenix and relies on a number of weapons including grenade launchers, sniper rifles, and the signature Lancer, an assault rifle mounted with a chainsaw bayonet. The gameplay depends on the use of cover and tactically choosing how to engage the enemy.
If you are looking to relive glory days of playing the classic title with a refreshed 1080 polish, or have never played a Gears of War title but are looking for a new Xbox One game with proven fun content, check out Gears of War Ultimate Edition. The game’s standard edition is available for $39.99 in the Xbox Games Store. There is also a deluxe edition available for $59.99 that comes with various Weapons skins and multiplayer characters.
What are you most looking forward to in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition? The remastered graphics, the new content, or early access to the multiplayer beta? Let us know in the comments section below.