Recently, the folks at Gameloft released Cars Fast as Lightning for Windows 8.1. The game is based on the popular animated movie 'Cars' from Disney and Pixar. It brings the Lightning McQueen, and other popular characters from the movie, in a racing adventure where you get to perform various stunts, customize your vehicles, and more. The game also features buildings and landmarks from the popular movie, presented through beautiful 3D graphics.
You can compete against your friends, see their races, and beat their track times in weekly tournaments as well. Additionally, the game also comes with storytelling, and official voice of Lightning McQueen, played by Owen Wilson. The game offers simple controls, offering fast nitro boosts and more.
You can choose from 20 different movie characters, from Lightning McQueen to Francesco Bernoulli, to race with and customize them with different paint jobs.
"'Cars' is one of the most popular and beloved animated film franchises, and we're excited to be working with Disney and Pixar on bringing the characters to life on smartphones and tablets." says Karine Kaiser, VP Marketing & Licensing at Gameloft. "Children, parents, and fans will embrace loveable and iconic characters through a thrilling blend of high-octane racing and town building in a unique dual-genre experience."
Here's a complete list of features:
- Lightning McQueen and Mater are hosting a racing EXTRAVAGANZA and they’re going to need some speed!
- The official Disney/Pixar Cars game with 20 characters to race as and customize with paint jobs!
- High-quality acting and animations with Owen Wilson as the voice of Lightning McQueen!
- Acceleration-charged racing with easy-to-learn controls, fast nitro boosts & other speedy surprises!
- Completely customizable racing experience to perform amazing stunts!
- A Radiator Springs building game, featuring over 30 interactive town buildings!
Head over to the Windows Store and grab the game, it's available as a free download and is sized at 104MB.