There’s no shortage of puzzle games in the Windows Phone store, and Gameloft is back with yet another addition to the genre, called Pastry Paradise. As a player, you’re required to match three or more tasty items to clear them from the map and earn points. It may seem like every other puzzle game out in the wild, but in Pastry Paradise, players can match the items diagonally. You can also send gifts to your friends (because you know everyone loves Facebook game invites), and even compete with them in leader boards.
You also get powerful boosters, such as Freeze Time, Whisk the Board, and more, in case you get stuck on any level. There are many delectable maps, like the Gingerbread Gardens, Wafer Woods, and Mt. Mudcake. You can unlock new maps as you play along, and the process is faster if you do it using help from your friends. If that’s not enough for you, there are daily/weekly events and yummy challenges to test your skills too.
Here’s a list of features as per the Windows Phone Store:
A Delicious Adventure With Chef Bake-offs
- Travel across delectable maps, like the Gingerbread Gardens, Wafer Woods, and Mt. Mudcake.
- Take on fun & challenging chef bake-offs to defeat your rivals.
- Choose your own path, taking on the stages you want as you chase the villains.
A Recipe for Victory
- Play like no other puzzle game and even swap pastries diagonally for more freedom and strategy.
- Powerful boosters can make any stage a piece of cake: Freeze time, whisk the board, and more!
There’s Always Room For More
- Unique and yummy challenges like baking cakes, serving customers and more!
- Fresh daily and weekly events are always cooking up more challenges for big rewards to win.
Make Sweet Friend
- Share a slice of happiness and send helpful gifts to friends.
- Keep up with your friends on the leaderboards.
- Unlock new maps faster with the help of a friend and keep moving along your journey.
This reminds me of King’s Candy Crush Saga, which is by far one of the most popular puzzle games on Android and iOS — the app hasn’t made an official appearance on Windows Phone yet, but there are alternatives live Pastry Paradise and a few others to fill in the void.
The game is available for free in the Windows Phone Store, but it does feature in-app purchases for some items.