Bandai Namco announced this morning that a special Lite version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 would launch on Xbox One consoles tomorrow.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Lite is essentially a free-to-play version of the original game but with a fair amount of content. Players will be able to play through five full chapters from the game's story mode, play online battles and quests, and compete in the Hero Colosseum.
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 – LITE, a free version of our beloved fighting game, will be available to download for PS4 and Xbox One starting March 20th! Get ready for free adventure, free battles, and free snaps! #DBXV2 pic.twitter.com/0XsdVJPUA2
— Bandai Namco US (@BandaiNamcoUS) March 18, 2019
All progress and data will transfer to the full version should the player choose to buy it at a later date.
Here's the official list of features:
- New players entering Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 through the “Lite” version of the game will be able to experience the following:
- Play five story episodes—“Raditz’s Attack,” “The Saiyan Threat,” “Ruckus on Planet Namek,” “The Ginyu Force Strikes,” and “The Galactic Emperor”—from the main game.
- Take part in Online Battles and Online Quests – with the option to play against those with the full version of the game (Online events and expert missions will remain exclusive to owners of the full game).
- Compete in Hero Colosseum mode, with all content and online matches.
- Additionally, players will be able to transfer saved data from the “Lite” version to the full game if they choose to purchase the full version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is essentially a 3D fighting game with a solid amount single-player story mode to play through. It's based on the popular Dragon Ball anime and many of the franchise's voice actors, such as Sean Schemmel and Kyle Hebert, reprise their roles in the game.
Will you give Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Lite a go or have you already played the full version? Let us know in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox gaming content.