Fortnite’s v4.4 Content Update is now live on Xbox One consoles
The v4.4 Content Update is now live in Fortnite on all platforms including Microsoft’s Xbox One. This latest update adds a new stink bomb weapon and the new 8-Bit Demo hero skin who seems heavily inspired by Wreck-it-Ralph (see above image).
This latest Fortnite update also adds a new mode called Final Fight in Battle Royale that limits teams to 20 players and stops the storm shrinkage after the third circle. Here’s the full release notes.
Limited Time Mode: Final Fight: Teams of 20: Survive the countdown! The Storm Circles give players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer; when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins. In this LTM, teams can tie for the Victory Royale!
Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle. When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin. The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires. The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins! In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
Weapons + Items
Stink Bomb added. Creates a stinky cloud that deals 5 damage every half-second within the cloud. 9-second duration. Epic rarity. Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Vending Machines. Loot in stacks of 3 with a maximum stack of 5.
Increased the reload time of the Rocket Launcher based on rarity. Rare from 2.3 seconds to 2.8. Epic from 2.185 seconds to 2.66. Legendary from 2.07 to 2.52.
The maximum number of unloaded Rocket Ammo that can be held has been changed to 12.
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Back Bling no longer appears detached from players at a distance.
- Fixed the two intersecting busses on the starting island.
- Fixed performance issues on Switch related to frequently called time functions during gameplay (especially when skydiving).
- Level streaming optimization to smooth out some hitches during skydiving on Switch.
- The music for the Fresh emote has been re-added.
- Fixed attenuation of Supply Drop opening sound so it doesn’t sound like it’s right next to players even if it’s opened far away.
- The Clinger explosion sound now plays properly if detonated directly next to you on iOS/Switch platforms.
Added the “Net Debug Stats” HUD UI option for Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could happen after buying items in the Item Shop.
- When using styleable outfits, your last saved version will always appear in the locker preview.
Save The World
Missions + Systems: Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which could block progression where the Chrome Husky would no longer spawn if the Magnets! quest was completed. Players who were blocked will now be unblocked with this fix.
- Heroes: New Constructor Demolitionist: 8-Bit Demo added to the Event Store.
Do your play Fortnite on your Xbox One? Let us know what level you’re currently at in the comments below and then make sure to follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox news.Further reading: Microsoft, Video Games, Xbox, Xbox One