foobar2000 1.1.11 Beta 2 released
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
What’s new in this build?
– Improved built-in crossfading functionality, new fading configuration in Preferences / Output
– Fading functionality available with built-in DirectSound mode only
– New .fb2k-component file type extension for foobar2000 component packages
– Fixed some potential security issues
– Added type-find in the default playlist view
– Added support for album art in APEv2 tags on MP3 files
– Fixed more WAV handling bugs
– Converter update – now you can restrict specific encoder to run in one thread only
– Experimental deadlock detection (beta 2)
– After long periods of apparent UI unresponsiveness, the application will automatically terminate and produce a crash report
– Cleaned up advanced preferences for MP3 tagging (beta 2)
– “Force preferred tagging scheme” option gone – use the “MP3 tag types” dialog to convert between different tag types