Fitbit, for those that did not know, is a fantastic wireless activity tracker that lets you know how many steps you have taken, how far you have traveled, how many calories you have burned, and much more. The official Fitbit app is now available for Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
The app features Live Tiles, so users can track their steps and instantly know how they are progressing against daily goals. You can see all these details without even opening the app itself.
“At Fitbit, we know that giving our users instant access to real-time stats right on their smartphone increases motivation to achieve goals and, ultimately, make healthier choices,” said James Park, CEO and Co-founder of Fitbit.
“Windows Phone is projected to be the fastest growing smartphone OS platform, so supporting this platform is important so that all of our users have access to their stats, no matter which phone they choose. With our new Fitbit app for Windows Phone 8.1, we expand our already extensive list of leading Android and iOS supported devices, to bring Fitbit’s benefits to even more users,” Park adds.
The app also allows you to log fitness and nutritional data, as well as set or manage personal goals. Notifications, achievements, and leaderboards are also present so you can stay motivated.
Here are the key features of the Fitbit app:
- Real-time stats: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
- Fitbit on your Start screen: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
- Stay on track: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
- Log more than activity: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
- Get motivated: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
- Stay social: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts
The Fitbit app works with a wide variety of activity and sleep trackers, including the Flex, One, and Zip. Activity syncs wirelessly via Bluetooth 4.0.
Grab the app via the download link below (it may take some time to propagate through the servers).Fitbit, Windows Phone