If you’ve used the preview of Office 16 and found some issues with it, then Microsoft has your back and is looking to fix those issues. The Office 16 team will be hosting a live Bug Bash (spotted by Myce). The team will be using Yammer as a way for customers to submit bug reports for all Office 16 desktop apps.
When a bug is submitted by a customer on Yammer, the Office team will be on hand to confirm and hopefully eliminate the issue once and for all. Participants will be have an opportunity to give localization feedback. Meanwhile, the Office team will also look to take advantage of what could be a large turnout of people, to stress check their new real-time co-authoring system.
To partake in the Bug Bash on Yammer, interested parties are encouraged to go to the following address and join the public O365 Network.
Once on the site, search for “Office 16 Bug Bash – July 15” Group. (Note: This group will not be available before Tuesday, July 14) Join the group. Then on July 15, post your issue with one of the most appropriate hash tags from this list: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Visio, Project, Publisher, Setup, Localization, Install, General, Activation
If you like the sound of this and are willing to attend, your bug report could earn you cool prizes such as hats, t-shirts, USB adaptors, Power chargers and Office subscriptions amongst other things. The Office team have a list of house rules participants must follow at the Bug Bash:
- This is focused on bugs only. If you have already reported an issue and it’s been closed as “Won’t Fix” or “By Design” do not report it again at this event.
- Each post/issue must be tagged (aka Topics) with at least one Topic
- Create a new thread for each issue
- DO NOT respond to a thread unless you are adding relevant information to that specific issue
- DO NOT initiate any private IMs with MS staff. We will get to your post as soon as possible.
- General forum rules and etiquette apply. Please play nice in the sandbox or we’ll have to send a note home to your mother.
Have you been having any problems with Office 2016? What do you think of this effort to improve the product? Will you purchase Office 2016 in the future? Let us know in the comments below.Further reading: bug, Microsoft, Office 16, Windows, Yammer