Despite being multiple years old and generations old, the Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 have received a firmware update. These address issues involving devices waking up when they aren’t supposed to and in the case of the Surface Pro 2 include some Intel driver updates as well.
Here’s the complete details of the firmware updates from Microsoft’s support website.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.84.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v1.0.360.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
Surface Pro 2
- System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel® HD Graphics Family
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.4.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v2.0.306.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v126.96.36.199) ensures correct surface driver is installed.
- Intel® HD Graphics Family driver update (v188.8.131.5231) improves color calibration and system stability.
- Intel® Display Audio driver update (v6.16.00.3189) supports compatibility with the updated HD Graphics Family driver.
These are the first major updates to these devices since last summer when there were updates for the Surface Pro in July and the Surface Pro 2 in August. They’re both labelled as 2/24/2016 updates. It’s nice to see that these devices are still receiving support considering that they are relatively old in the world of computers.Further reading: Firmware, Microsoft, Surface, Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2