Microsoft is releasing the final Edge Dev build for the month today due to the incoming Thanksgiving Holiday in the US. Coming in at version 97.0.1072.8, this release is expected to become the next beta candidate in a couple of weeks, and brings just a few improvements. Here’s a look at what you need to know.
With added features, Microsoft enabled support for smart history searches in the address bar. Previously, this was only available on the History management page. Microsoft also added a management policy to control if Internet Explorer Mode Tab In Edge Mode is Allowed, which lets sites on the IE mode list be temporarily opened in a non-IE mode tab for testing purposes. Reliability improvements and changed behaviors can be seen below.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where certain Settings pages crash or are blank.
- Fixed a crash on the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when certain popups open.
- Fixed a crash when showing certain menus or popups.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with certain popups.
- Fixed an issue where interactions with desktop notifications sometimes fail.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs sometimes start seeing blank white pages after scrolling for a while.
- Fixed an issue where certain types of text annotations in PDFs don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where pinned tab groups aren’t restored when the browser is re-opened.
- Fixed an issue where the mini context menu blocks UI on certain websites that have their own UI that appears upon selection.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where certain sync settings don’t work.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where website notifications don’t work.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where saving payment card info to the browser sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where importing data from other browsers sometimes fails.
Known issues are the same as in the past few releases. In addition to everything we already mentioned, we also want to mention that Microsoft partnered with ZIP to let you use Edge for shopping, and split the payments over time. Happy downloading, Edge Insiders, and be sure to enjoy the holiday break!