Nearly a month after its release on the Xbox One, the critically-acclaimed J-RPG Final Fantasy XV is getting new free content today. Two Holiday Packs are now available to download which will bring players a cool selection of accessories as well as a "Carnival Passport" granting access to the Moogle Chocobo Carnival next month. "There will be a load of quests to take on, items to uncover, and festive activities to partake in as well as new outfits and photo frames," teased Senior Product Manager, Mat Kishimoto.
Back to those Holiday Packs: the first one can be downloaded by all players and includes the following four items:
- Nixperience Band: a device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up
- Warrior’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense during combat outside of training
- Choco-Mog T-shirt: the Choco-Mog t-shirt will be available in the January update
- Carnival Passport: an adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival, for a limited time. This is functionally identical to what comes in Holiday Pack+
For players who bought the game’s Season Pass, a Holiday Pack+ which includes more valuable items is also available to download today. Here is the list of the goodies:
- Ring of Resistance: a protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party resistant to magical friendly fire
- Tech Turbocharger: a device that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar. (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Armiger Accelerator: a device that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar. (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Blitzer’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time during combat outside of training
- Tactician’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse during combat outside of training
- Key of Prosperity: a lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value
- Stamina Badge: a device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Festive Ensemble: available in the January update
- Photo Frames (Holiday Pack+ Exclusive): festive themes the player can add to Prompto’s photos when sharing to social media. Available in the January update
- Carnival Passport: an adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a dreamlike carnival full of prizes and surprises, for a limited time. Identical to what is available in Holiday Pack (Free Version)
Last but not least, the New Game+ mode has now been enabled, allowing players who beat the game once to play it again while keeping all their gear and abilities.
If you have yet to purchase Final Fantasy XV, now seems to be a good time to do it as the game is currently discounted on both the Xbox Store ($50.99 / $44.99 with Xbox Live Gold) and Amazon ($39.99).