Fallout 76’s latest free update, Wastelanders, is now live on Xbox One and other platforms. This rather large update adds a new main story and quests, NPC factions and characters, new allies, events, and more.
Here’s the official list of highlights for the Fallout 76 Wastelanders update. You can read the full notes here:
- People Are Back!: Whether in search of rumored fortune, or mere survival, people have returned to Appalachia in droves. Get to know them through the new dialogue system.
- New Main Story: Experience the new story that Wastelanders brings to Fallout 76 by completing all-new main quests.
- Meet the Factions: Who will you side with: The Raiders at Crater, or the Settlers at Foundation? Aid them in their endeavors to earn Reputation and unlock new items.
- Recruit an Ally: Certain NPCs can come to live in your C.A.M.P., help defend it, and offer you daily quests. Some also bring story quests and romance opportunities.
- More Events and Dailies: Take on challenging new events, like Riding Shotgun and Radiation Rumble. There are also four new daily quests to explore.
- New Items and Enemies: Hunt down the monstrous Wendigo Colossus or a pack of Floaters, but don’t forget to pack your new Gauss Minigun!
- New and Updated Locations: New arrivals in Appalachia are certainly making their mark on the world. Discover new and updated locations as you quest and explore.
To help reinvigorate the playerbase, a new version of the game, named the Fallout 76: Wastelanders Deluxe Edition, has been released in the Microsoft Store with the latest update already added and a host of additional in-game content.
Here’s the extra content that players can expect:
- Mine Car Planter - A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available; buildable in your C.A.M.P.
- Raider C.A.M.P. - Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box - Raider-themed Stash box for the C.A.M.P
- Raider Faction Flag - New flag for a player’s C.A.M.P. that show their allegiance with Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit - Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit; includes mask and bandanna
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag - Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack - A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin -Unique appearance based on the Crater Raiders
- Garden Truckbed Trailer - A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available; buildable in your C.A.M.P.
- Settler C.A.M.P. - Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box - Settler-themed Stash box for the C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag - New flag for a player’s C.A.M.P. that show their allegiance with Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit - Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit; included hat
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag - Settler-style Loot Bag; looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack - A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin - Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
Do you own Fallout 76 and has this latest update encouraged you to jump back in? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more gaming content.