3 stories
today

Facebook Home wants to be on Windows Phone, after receiving a slew of one-star ratings

Facebook Home

Facebook Home, for those that did not know, is a homescreen replacement for Android phones that places your Facebook friends and feed at the center of your smartphone experience. But unfortunately, Facebook Home has received a slew of negative ratings on Google Play.

According to data from Google Play, 47% of Android users rated the Facebook Home software with just one star. 14.5% of Android users rated the software with two stars. That means a total of 61.5% of Android users do not like Facebook Home, since the average rating is 2.3 stars out of 5 total. Thats a lot of negativity for Facebook’s latest endeavour.

It comes as no surprise that Facebook is now looking to Apple and Microsoft to help out Facebook Home. According to a new report from Bloomberg, Facebook is in talks with Microsoft and Apple about creating a version of Facebook Home for iOS and Windows Phone.

“We’ve shown them what we’ve built and we’re just in an ongoing conversation,” Facebook’s director of product Adam Mosseri stated regarding a conversation with Microsoft and Apple.

As far as Apple’s iOS is concerned, Facebook may create a whole new version of Home tailored for Apple users and the interface may be different compared to what we have seen for Android. Facebook and Apple currently have a “great relationship” at least according to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

But what about Windows Phone? Could we see Facebook Home on Windows Phone? It makes no sense for Microsoft to pick up Facebook Home to be a replacement to the company’s metro/modern interface or even as a special smartphone running Facebook Home. After all, just look at the ratings.

Further reading: ,