Deezer has had a Universal Windows 10 App available in preview for some time now, meaning that anyone lucky enough to Bose or Sonos music systems or used Cricket Wireless have been able to enjoy the company’s streaming music. Now, Deezer is rolling out subscription options to everyone in the U.S.
As we previously described the service:
For those who don’t know the service, Deezer is a valuable Spotify competitor that offers more than 40 million songs and 40,000 podcasts on all platforms. The service is also focused on hand-crafted playlists, with a feature called ‘Flow’ that select the right tunes for you based on the music you’re listening to. The service currently has over 6 million subscribers worldwide and is available in over 180 countries, but it’s still trailing after Spotify in the US. The service just entered the US market in late 2014 through a premium “Deezer Elite” subscription in partnership with Sonos.
The Windows 10 preview app for PCs and mobile enjoys the following description:
With this new app you will be able to:
– Use the same app across all your Windows 10 devices: mobile, tablet or desktop.
– Access your music more easily thanks to the new menu with buttons for Home, My Music, Audio Player, Notifications and Search
– Put all your favorite songs, playlists, artists and albums in one place using My Music
– Discover and enjoy your music with the new design of the app
You still have access to all the great Deezer features:
– 35 million tracks with all your favorite artists and songs
– Personalized music recommendations from our editors
– Unlimited playlists and mix channels with your favorite artists and genres
– Your library builds over time with all your discoveries
– With Premium+ , download your favorite music for offline listening
Subscriptions run $9.99 a month, and there’s no free tier. You can give the service a try for free for 30 days, but otherwise if you want access to their hand-crafted playlists and Flow feature, then you’ll have to shell out some cash. Let us know in the comments if you’ll be giving Deezer a try.