As always, just in time for the mid-week schedule, Microsoft has just pushed out a new Edge Dev release. Coming in at build 93.0.916.1 this week, there are not many changes to note. However, Microsoft says that most users can now expect to see tab groups and tab previews. Here's a look at everything you need to know.
Hello there, Insiders! Dev channel update to 93.0.916.1 is starting to roll out now. This week most users can expect to see tab groups and tab previews! Check out what's new and improved in our change summary on the Insider forums here: https://t.co/u7ArMf0HLT pic.twitter.com/s6a9DnddiJ
— Microsoft Edge Dev (@MSEdgeDev) June 15, 2021
We start first with the new stuff. Officially in the changelog, Microsoft notes that there's now support for a management policy from Chromium to control if CECPQ2 is E]enabled. There's also support for the management policy to control if Local Browser Data Share is Enabled, which lets surfaces in Windows search through the browser’s user data.
Other than what we mentioned above, you'll find the usual bug fixes and changed behaviors. There aren't many this week, so we've just included them all for you below.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the browser sometimes doesn’t open.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the … menu sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when using the Collections popup menu.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the Vertical Tabs button.
- Fixed a crash when setting the default browser.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the … menu in PWAs.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Define option from the mini context menu crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where certain website permission Settings pages appear blank.
- Fixed an issue where searching for Settings brings up inaccurate results.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcut to enter Immersive Reader works on pages it isn’t supposed to.
- Fixed an issue where password generation puts the new password in more fields than necessary.
- Fixed an issue where the profile switcher is appearing on PWAs that aren’t eligible for profile switching.
- Fixed an issue where the … menu in PWAs sometimes doesn’t render properly.
- Fixed an issue where turning on vertical tabs when in full screen sometimes leads to tabs no longer being visible.
- Fixed an issue where UI is unexpectedly pink.
- Fixed an issue where pasting content into a Collection sometimes creates extra text notes.
- Fixed an issue where dragged vertical tabs don’t follow the mouse cursor properly.
We end with known issues, which again are the same as it has been in the past. Microsoft hasn't quite yet fixed these issues just yet. There also aren't any new known issues to report, either. We'll just end with our usual reminder that you can check out our Edge Insider hub for all other Edge news and updates. Happy downloading, Edge Insiders!