As expected, EA has added two new titles to the EA Access Vault today. Following up on the upcoming changes announced just a few days ago, Unravel and Need for Speed are both available for all EA Access subscribers on Xbox One to play for free as of today.
Unravel is a puzzle platform game that follows the protagonist Yarny through adventures of epic proportions, at least for such a little guy made of yarn. Players use the thread as a means of lassoing, climbing, and swinging across obstacles as they search for better understanding of the overall picture. Without any words, the story develops as it ties together long forgotten memories through Yarny’s discoveries. Unravel is truly a beautifully landscaped journey that touches the player’s heart through deep ambiance and soulful discovery.
On the opposite side of the coin, however, Need for Speed: Deluxe Edition is a fast paced racing game that drops you straight into the thick of Ventura Bay:
Ready to own the streets? Get behind the wheel of iconic cars and floor it through Ventura Bay, a sprawling urban playground. Explore overlapping stories as you build your reputation – and your dream car – and become the ultimate racing icon. Play again and again because this time, you have 5 distinct ways to win.
- Optimized for PC. Get an unlocked frame rate and experience Need for Speed at 4K resolution, only on PC. Plus, feel the thrill of street racing with steering wheel and peripheral support from a range of manufacturers including Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec.
- Rich authentic customization. Build a car to reflect your character with extensive visual and performance customization options. Because your ride should look as good as it handles.
- West Coast playground. Discover Ventura Bay. From the dense city streets to the winding roads that lead you to the harbor and through the canyons, this is your home turf.
- Play your way. Need for Speed returns with 5 unique ways to play: Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw, enabling you to earn reputation and ultimately win your way.
- Living Game. Take on Ventura Bay’s slickest street racers with free updates in Eddie’s challenge and become an expert photographer with Snapshot Pro. Plus, earn Ken Block’s Hoonicorn and Morohoshi-San’s Diablo.
- Be part of the story. Step into a richly created world and be part of an immersive story that takes you all over Ventura Bay.
You can get access to these and many other games through The Vault on EA Access. The subscription is only $4.99 USD and provides access to free games, discounts on digital purchases, and Play First Trials for upcoming releases. One of these includes the highly anticipated Battlefield 1 coming in October, first available through EA Access subscribers.