Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage services with dedicated apps for all major mobile platforms. If you happen to be a regular user of Dropbox on your Windows Phone, you should visit the Windows Phone Store right away as a big Dropbox update is waiting for you.
Along with the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, the latest update give users the ability to stream video files saved in the cloud without the need to download it. This can definitely be a noteworthy feature as users can directly open the video without spending too much time on downloading the file to watch it, and saving bandwidth as well. Users can also get free extra storage space by inviting their friends to sign up for an account, as well as the ability to save web links to your account.
Here’s the complete change log for the latest update:
- Recents tab: Goodbye, static file list. The new home view is a list of all the files you’ve used recently — anything you’ve viewed, uploaded, renamed, or edited, on that device or on dropbox.com. The files you’re most likely to need on the go will always be front and center.
- Invitations: You can get extra space by inviting your friends to try out Dropbox. If a friend uses your invitation to sign up for an account, installs the Dropbox desktop app on a computer, and signs in to the app, both of you will receive bonus space.
- Video streaming: no need to download your video files to watch it, save time and bandwidth
- Save web links to your Dropbox
- Open internet shortcuts
- Add a text viewer
- New option for favorites: view in parent folder
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Head over to the Windows Phone store and grab the updated Dropbox app.