Who is Don Bradman? I love baseball, but it’s apparent that I know very little about cricket. Don Bradman was a legendary Australian cricket player who had more world records in cricket than anyone in history, all before his 22nd birthday. Now, Big Ant Studios introduced Don Bradman Cricket, a new game available on Xbox One.
I love my Xbox One and enjoy playing sports games because I like competitive games, so I decided to give this game a try. I dreamed of cricket glory on Xbox Live until the price stopped me dead in my tracks. If you absolutely love cricket, I am sure you are more than willing to shell out $59.99 for an Xbox One cricket game, but I won’t.
The graphics do look stunning and according to the game description on Xbox Live, promises a lot of cool features like:
- Intuitive controls that allow for line and length deliveries without pitch markers and realistic shot control when batting
- Take a 16 year old aspiring cricketer through the ranks to international glory in Career mode
- Fully customize you play experience, set-up tours, competitions, create players, teams and even umpires in the Cricket Academy
- Access thousands of Community created players and teams, ready for download and use in the game
- Dynamic time of day, weather and pitch wear that will keep you on edge, as no two matches play the same
- The most realistic physics ever seen in a Cricket game including thin edges, bat pad catches, intimidating bouncers and much more
So until the price drops quite a bit, I won’t be picking up Don Bradman Cricket quite yet. I understand that Big Ant Studios are looking to capitalize on the Cricket World Cup as it debuts in Australia and New Zealand on February 14th. However, if they are looking to attract gamers to Don Bradman Cricket, they will have to seriously reconsider the $59.99 price tag.Further reading: Cricket World Cup, Microsoft, Xbox One