Disney’s latest video game, Disney Magic Kingdoms, has just launched on both Windows PC and Mobile and is now available in the Windows Store.
The game is a world-builder game of sorts and incorporates characters from various Disney movies and attractions from numerous Disney theme parks around the world in a story where the player is tasked with building a fun Disney theme park and defeating the evil villains who have taken up resident in different areas of the map. It’s actually very similar to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic game, which should come as no surprise as the developer who made that game, Gameloft, was also involved with this one.
Here are some of the game highlights:
- Charming attractions such as “”it’s a small world,”” the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and Space Mountain from Disney Parks from around the world, including Disneyland, California Adventure, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris!
- Dazzling new attractions found only in the game such as WALL-E’s House and Cyclops Sushi — all uniquely inspired by their movies!
- Relive magical moments from the Parks with lively Parades featuring beautiful floats and fireworks!
- Share spectacular moments with beloved characters such as the ever-optimistic Mickey Mouse, the spirited princess Rapunzel, brave space ranger Buzz Lightyear, the sweet and sassy Tinker Bell and more!
- Hundreds of whimsical and animated quests that bring every pixel of your Kingdom to life!
- Collect memorable Disney-themed items to bring each character back from Maleficent’s evil spell! A
- Unravel a magical story and an exciting adventure with every tap!
- Take a stand against menacing villains such as Pete, Mother Gothel, and Zurg to save the Kingdom!
While Disney Magic Kingdoms doesn’t support Xbox Live, it does allow users to log into their Microsoft account for save data to transfer between devices. This can be used, for example, to play the game at home on a Surface Pro and then pick it up again on a Windows phone while on the road.
Have you started playing Disney Magic Kingdoms yet? Are you enjoying it?