Microsoft is now making it easier than ever for app developers to tap into the Microsoft Band. Developers can now download the full SDK to take advantage of added functionality to the SDK preview which was made available back in February. Here’s what Microsoft had to say:
“In February, we launched our Software Developer Kit (SDK) Preview, which included access to sensors, the ability to create tiles for the Microsoft Band that sends glanceable notifications, and allows customers to customize their Microsoft Band through color or wallpaper. We’ve seen a great level excitement from developers as they started creating additional applications for Microsoft Band and now we are taking the next step in our journey to support our partners,” Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
You can snag the SDK right here, which comes with sample code to get developers up and running. So what can you do with the full SDK?
- Build apps that support Windows.
- Create your own custom layouts for pages on third-party tiles using icons, text, buttons, and barcodes for payment options.
- Receive events and button-click callbacks from the Microsoft Band to your phone app. If you press a button on a page inside your tile, your app would know which button was pressed.
- Connect to the Band from background tasks.
- Tap into calorie subscription from the Microsoft Band.