The Minecraft Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Beta finally got the Boss Update after a short delay. The patch is rolling out today with a long list of new features, blocks, and gameplay that will bring it more on par with its PC version.
Minecraft players love to customize their games. With PC, users are able to download fan-made mods and custom textures, but Pocket Edition hasn’t had that luxury. Enter the freshly created Add-Ons feature that let’s you change the game into your own world. The Add-Ons page will allow you to add them to single and multiplayer games. Furthermore, you can finally upload your own worlds to into Minecraft Realms.
- Ocean Monuments
- Guardians and Elder Guardians
- Prismarine, dark prismarine & prismarine bricks
- Prismarine shard & prismarine crystal
- Sea lantern
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Wet & dry sponges
- Slash commands (with a handy auto complete feature). Enable cheats for a world in the options screen for access, but note that Xbox Live achievements will be disabled when you’re using ‘em!
- Custom key bindings! Hooray for lefties!
- A new Creative inventory search feature
- Add-On section for world settings
- Basic F3 support! (Win 10 only)
- You can change game modes in Realms (note that doing this will restart the realm)
- Ability to upload & download worlds in Realms
- Ability to promote players as operators in Realms
- UI improvements!
- Performance improvements!
- Tweaks to various mob action/behavior triggers, including fixing creeper explosions
- Elder guardian de-buff visuals fixed (feedback from Android beta)
- Fishing rods & arrows will fire in more than just one direction
- Lots of tweaks to water textures to make underwater more fun
- Tweaks to Realms settings
- Visual tweaks to sun, moon & stars when rendering in VR immersive mode
- Ridiculous numbers of bug fixes!
Even though it was announced at Minecon to be released on the 18th, the update was originally delayed due to creepers being a little bit more explosive than usual. Now that the Boss Update is available for PE and Windows 10, was it worth the wait? Dive into Minecraft and let us know what you think in the comments below.Further reading: Microsoft, Minecraft, Mojang, Video Games