Back in December, French music streaming service Deezer announced that it was developing a new universal app for Windows 10 devices, and the company has finally delivered today as a preview version of the app is now available on the Windows 10 Store.
For those who don't know the service, Deezer is a valuable Spotify competitor that offers more than 40 million songs and 40,000 podcasts on all platforms. The service is also focused on hand-crafted playlists, with a feature called ‘Flow’ that select the right tunes for you based on the music you're listening to. The service currently has over 6 million subscribers worldwide and is available in over 180 countries, but it's still trailing after Spotify in the US. The service just entered the US market in late 2014 through a premium "Deezer Elite" subscription in partnership with Sonos.
The new universal Windows app is expected to replace both the current Windows 8 tablet app and the Windows Phone 8 app, and all Deezer Premium+ subscribers and free users can try it today. Here are the main features of this preview version:
Use the same app across all your Windows 10 devices, mobile, tablet or desktop:
- Access your music more easily thanks to the new menu with buttons for Home, My Music, Audio Player, Notifications and Search
- Put all your favorite songs, playlists, artists and albums in one place using My Music
- Discover and enjoy your music with the new design of the app
You still have access to all the great Deezer features:
- 35 million tracks with all your favorite artists and song
- Personalized music recommendations from our editor
- Unlimited playlists and mix channels with your favorite artists and genre
- Your library builds over time with all your discoveries
- With Premium+, download your favorite music for offline listening
Just a few weeks after we told you about the new universal app from GYM Radio, it's great to see another music streaming service embrace the Windows 10 platform with an app that promises to offer the same features across all devices. Please tell us in the comments what you think about the new Deezer app!