Into the Dead, an app that is also available for Windows 8.1, brings forth a zombie filled apocalypse in an amazing and entertaining package for Windows Phone 8 users. Just look at Temple Run and Subway Surfers for Windows Phone if you are unsure what a “runner” style of game is. The premise behind this game is simple – run as far as you can while avoiding or killing as many zombies as you can.
“Into the Dead throws you into the gruesome world of the zombie apocalypse where there are no second chances. Do what you have to in order to stay alive, keep moving as fast as you can, and protect yourself by any means necessary. When the Dead are rising, run!” the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Intense gameplay with stunning visuals & sound depicting a grim zombie apocalypse
- Unlock an arsenal of powerful weapons and perks to help you stay alive
- Missions and minigoals provide constant challenges to overcome
- Challenge your friends to beat your high scores and compete on global leaderboards
- Ongoing updates to deliver new modes, features, and content
Into the Dead is a unique runner style game in that you are not running from the zombies, rather you are running into the zombies and attempting to avoid them. You can pick up weapons along the way and collect coins (depending on the distance you were able to run) at the end of the round. Into the Dead features smooth and stunning graphics, along with great sound effects. The app runs for $0.99 on Windows Phone 8, and $1.99 on Windows 8.1. This app is definitely worth the money.
Hit the download links below to snag the app for your platform.