A few months ago, Daybreak Games announced that the popular massive online multiplayer franchise DC Universe Online would be coming to the Xbox One this spring. Well, it’s this spring and Xbox One fans of the DC universe can now join in the fun.
Here’s the statement from the developers (via Gamezone):
“Xbox One players can finally channel their inner Super Hero – or Super-Villain. Whether they want to run fast like The Flash, fly like Superman or wield ice like Captain Cold, we have more than five years’ worth of content to adventure through in DC Universe Online,” said SJ Muller, DCUO Creative Director. “DCUO is the only MMO set in the DC Comics universe, and its physics-based combat allows players to really feel like they are part of this action-packed Super Hero world.”
In case the MMO’s particulars have skipped your mind since the announcement, here’s a refresher:
DC Universe™ Online is a Free-to-Play, massive multiplayer online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Create your own powerful Hero or Villain and experience true action combat as you fight alongside and against legendary characters such as Batman, Superman and The Joker.
Game Features include:
– Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes.
– Choose your side — Hero or Villain — as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
– Create your own custom Hero or Villain.
– Fight alongside or against your favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others.
– Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
– Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers such as Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
– Walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of Metropolis and explore legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower
There you have it, head on over to the DC Universe Online and join in the fun. Let us know in the comments how you’re liking it on your Xbox One.