The popular massively multiplayer online franchise DC Universe Online has been thrilling fans of DC Comics for a while now. Indeed, the MMO is celebrating its fifth year anniversary and has been available throughout on Windows PCs and Sony Playstations (PS3 and PS4). The lack of Xbox support has been a bummer for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman fans everywhere who also play on Microsoft’s gaming platform, but apparently all of that is changing as Xbox One support has been officially announced.
Here’s the game’s description, if you’ve ignored it given its absence on your favorite platform:
DC Universe™ Online is a Free-to-Play, massive multiplayer online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Create your own powerful Hero or Villain and experience true action combat as you fight alongside and against legendary characters such as Batman, Superman and The Joker.
Game Features include:
– Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes.
– Choose your side — Hero or Villain — as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
– Create your own custom Hero or Villain.
– Fight alongside or against your favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others.
– Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
– Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers such as Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
– Walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of Metropolis and explore legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower
The great news for Xbox One owners came via Twitter, where all of the best announcements originate:
— Daybreak Games (@DaybreakGames) January 11, 2016
DayBreak Games isn’t providing more specific timing than “Spring 2016,” but that’s better than nothing. If you’re a DC and Xbox One fan, at least, you know that support is coming soon.Further reading: DC Universe Online, Gaming, Microsoft, Video Games, Xbox, Xbox One