The Daily Mail is one of the services that has taken to Microsoft’s Universal Windows App (UWA) initiative positively with an app of their own for Windows 10. Windows Central has uncovered an update to the app today that brings some notable improvements, most notable addition is support for Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile.
For those unfamiliar, Continuum is a feature built into a number of Windows 10 Mobile devices, that gives users a desktop-like experience when these devices are connected to a monitor, either through a dock or Miracast. In this mode, UWA will scale to the big screen and change their designs and amount of content to the normal PC looks. the updated Daily Mail Online app should functions the same, with the developer promising ‘non-mobile views. There are also a number of other changes to enhance the reading experience.
Here is the full changelog and new feature lists.
- Provide additional single channel layout for Windows Desktop and Tablet.
- Use Single channel layout for devices smaller than 11 inches
- Provide settings option to enable / disable Multi channel layout
- Support Windows 10 Mobile Continuum and show non mobile views
- Update Read Later content based on any articles marked for deletion on server