Last year Microsoft, added hundreds of new features to Xbox One – mostly due to user feedback. In February of this year, Xbox One is set to release another system update with an all-new feature called game hubs. With game hubs, you can share comments and content with your Xbox Live friends, game developers, and other Xbox Live members about your favorite Xbox One game. Microsoft has also added more tile transparency for custom backgrounds and a handful of updates to live TV.
Those enrolled in the Xbox Preview program can snag this update right now. According to Xbox Wire, here is a full list of what is included in the Xbox One February update:
- Game hubs
- Custom backgrounds and tile transparency
- OneGuide for the Netherlands: Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands and the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.
- TV trending in OneGuide
- Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.
- Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One will work even better with more devices. This month’s preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.
- “Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.
- Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Let us know what you think about these new features coming out in February in the comments section. Also, check out the video below for more information on these features.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One