The Cyberpunk 2077 video game received and update today for Microsoft’s Xbox One and Xbox Series X console families, Windows PCs, and all other supported platforms.
Named, Patch 1.52, this latest update doesn’t feature any new content but does fix a massive number of bugs and glitches that were affecting playability in regards to quests, the open world, and menus.
This update also includes some fixes for issues that were causing game crashes on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series S consoles and squashed the bug that resulted in players becoming stuck when disconnecting their controller while in the pause menu.
Here’s the full patch notes for Patch 1.52:
- Fixed an issue that could cause wrecked cars or multiple Nomad cars to spawn in traffic when driving fast.
- Fixed an issue where first equip animation could be played repeatedly after recovering a throwing knife.
- The Laminate-armor Media Ballistic Vest can now be found as loot in Japantown.
- Fixed an issue where the recon grenade highlighted non-hostile crowd NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where after using the Take Control quickhack on a device, camera axis were inverted when zoomed in.
- Player won't be able to purchase again an apartment makeover they already own anymore.
- Added the showering interaction to the Nomad Camp.
- It won't be possible to hack the Northside apartment before completing Act 1 anymore.
- Fixed an issue where Open World combat events and some scenes could remain disabled after visiting Afterlife until player fast traveled within Watson.
- Automatic Love - Walking into a wall in the elevator in Megabuilding H8 will no longer cause instant death.
- Blistering Love - Fixed an issue where Johnny could despawn if player left the booth before interacting with the projector, blocking progress.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Demons of War - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to progress past the "Search the area to collect information" objective.
- Epistrophy - Fixed an issue where the quest could reappear in the Journal instead of being marked as failed after player failed to retrieve any of the cabs.
- I Fought the Law - Fixed an issue where River could drive out of the market area erratically and push V out of world bounds.
- Life During Wartime - Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option twice upon arriving on the crash site blocked progression.
- Path of Glory - Optional objective "Get dressed" will no longer be incompletable if player collected the clothes before it appeared.
- The Information - Fixed an issue where the doors to Lizzie's were closed during the hours they should be open, blocking progression.
- The Ride - Fixed an issue where Dex's car was swerving left and right when driving away.
- With a Little Help from My Friends - Fixed an issue where holocalls and text messages could be blocked if player told Saul about Panam's plan while the Nomads were driving away.
- Fixed an issue where summoned vehicles could be spawned far away from the player.
- Suicidal Corpos in Corpo Plaza will no longer stand up after the fall.
- Fixed an issue where an Assault in Progress in Arroyo wasn't visible on the map, hindering progress in The Jungle achievement.
- Gig: Goodbye, Night City - Fixed an issue where the quest didn't trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: No Fixers - Fixed an issue where the "Park Iris' car in the garage" optional objective didn't complete if player stopped in front of the garage.
- Gig: Playing for Keeps - Fixed an issue where all the enemies in the casino were set to Friendly.
- Murk Man Returns Again Once More Forever - Fixed an issue where the Rayfield Caliburn didn't spawn.
- Added a quest tag to fixer rewards when they're first found in the stash.
- Opening menus while reading a shard will no longer block the game.
- It won't be possible to change the position of the marker when a time skip is in progress anymore.
- Fixed an issue where the loot UI could flicker and change before picking up the item.
- Fixed an issue where the English text "A Favor for a Friend" would be displayed regardless of the language version instead of the correct quest name for some tracked quests.
- Fixed animations and missing or displaced objects in various scenes.
- Fixed some issues with animation occurring when performing an aerial takedown using the Hidden Dragon perk.
- Fixed an issue where sandstorms could appear in scenes they weren't supposed to.
- Fixed in issue where foliage was not affected by different weather conditions.
- Polycarbonate Sport Sunglasses will no longer be visible when switching between Third Person Mode and First Person Mode while driving.
- Memory improvements and crash fixes on next-gen consoles.
- Minor UI optimizations.
- [PlayStation 5] Importing a save while not connected to the PlayStation Network will no longer block the option to continue the game.
- [PlayStation 5] Fixed an issue where a corrupted save was created when player tried to import a PlayStation 4 save when no saves were exported.
- [PlayStation] Fixed an issue where the "Press [Options Button] To Continue" screen registered pressing the button with a delay.
- [PlayStation 5] Wet roads will now be as reflective as on the PC version.
- [PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X] Changing the preset in Video settings will no longer set all the Graphics options to ON automatically.
- [Xbox One/Xbox Series X] Disconnecting the controller and entering the pause menu at the same time will no longer result in player being stuck.
- Enabled aggressive crowds on Stadia.
Cyberpunk 2077 has had a bit of a rough start since it hit first shelves but the various post-launch updates have ironed out most of the bugs and performance issues to the point that those who are still playing it seem to be having a genuinely good time with it. Whether the title can regain all of the buzz it had at launch remains to be seen however.
In related Cyberpunk 2077 news, the game’s developers, CD PROJEKT RED, yesterday announced that production had begun on a fourth Witcher video game. Earlier in the month, the studio also donated $240,000 to Ukraine in response to Russia’s invasion of the country.
Want more video game news? Give us a follow on Twitter.