Windows Phone 8.1: Cortana is fun, humorous, and even knows Clippy
Windows Phone 8.1 rolled out to developers yesterday. The update brings several new features, including perhaps the most anticipated one, Cortana! Cortana, as you know, is the digital voice assistant service for Windows Phone, and unlike Google Now and Siri, Cortana has a great sense of humor.
We knew if we asked her silly questions, she would revert back with funny replies. Turns out, Cortana also has some Easter eggs hidden. When asked about office assistant, Clippy, Cortana has some really amusing things to say. On top of that, Cortana’s graphic icon temporarily switches to a graphic of Clippy (see image above).
Very much inspired from its looks, Clippy was the assistant tool, part of the earlier versions of Office. But with time, Microsoft clipped it out of its productivity suites. What could Cortana know about Clippy? Let’s find out.
When asked if she knows Clippy, Cortana answers:
- “We’re Facebook friends, but… he’s so chatty!”
- “He’s living his sunset years playing Canasta and winning.”
- “Clippy’s enjoying his sunset years, out of the media glare.”
- “Clippy? He’s taken Canasta. He’s gotten so good he doesn’t need any tutorials.”
Our friends on WPCentral asked Cortana if she liked Clippy, this is what she had to say,
- “What’s not to like? That guy took a heck of a lot of beating and he’s still smiling.”
- “Definitely. He taught me how important it is to listen.”
No witty answers when asked about Zune player, though. Although, you can have some fun asking her about Apple and Google. Try asking her if she likes Google! Share you discovery in the comments below!Further reading: Cortana, Windows Phone