Microsoft’s personal digital assistant, Cortana, is a cross-platform AI lately, running not only on Windows 10 PCs and smartphones but also on iOS and Android. Set a Cortana reminder on one platform, it’ll remind you on every platform you use–good stuff. Today, Microsoft pushed out an update to the iOS version of Cortana adding in some nifty features.
Here’s the changelog:
1. A Today View. For a quick glance at your reminders.
2. Support for 3D touch menu in iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S +.
3. A new monthly reminder feature and improved refresh mechanism.
4. Reduced app load time.
5. A better loading experience for low speed and unstable network conditions.
6. More stable voice interactions.
A quick run through the app definitely demonstrates its performance improvements, and the Today View is certainly a welcome addition. While Cortana isn’t as well-integrated into iOS and is it Windows 10, it’s nevertheless a nice alternative to Apple’s own personal assistant, Siri.
If you’re running Cortana on your iPhone, then head on over to the App Store and hit the update button. Cortana will thank you.Cortana, Cortana for iOS, iOS, iPhone, Microsoft