Turn 10 Studios today announced the Forza Racing Championship 2018. The esports event takes racing to a new level and is built entirely on Forza Motorsports 7. Even better, the event is open to drivers of all levels, with prizes up to $250,000.
Those interested in participating are being urged to visit ForzaRC.com to compete in the first events on April 2. The rest of the season is split into two seven-week series and an ending live playoff event with a $75,000 prize pool.
Once these two series end, the top 24 will be eligible for the Forza Racing World Championship 2018 and a $100,000 prize pool. Drivers competing in the event will have to compete in ranked events and earn points and climb up a leaderboard.
See below for the full schedule.
- Series 1: April 2 – May 23
- Series 1 Playoffs: June 16 – 17, live in Seattle
- Series 2: July 9 – August 29
- Series 2 Playoffs: September 29 – 30, live in Mexico City
- World Championship: October 2018 (final date TBA), live in London
Finally, to line up with the Forza Racing Championship 2018, Turn 10 is also announcing two new features for Forza Motorsport 7. The features are meant to make the game an esports experience and have since been redeveloped from Forza Motorsport 6.
See more on these features below.
- Spectate: Watch live multiplayer races with our brand new Spectate feature. Improved camera transitions and performance means you’ll never miss the action. Positioning data for on-track cars is 100% precise
- Seed the Grid: Players will be able to set up multiplayer races just as they like with the new Seed the Grid feature. Lobby hosts can now manually set the grid order during race setup, and a completely overhauled interface offers hosts and viewers alike new details.
Ahead of these events, Turn 10 will also be hosting a Pre-Season Invitational on March 24 in Seattle. The best drivers and teams in the world will be attending, so be sure to keep tuned for more. You can watch all the action live on Mixer via ForzaRC.com, and you can watch replays on the ForzaRC YouTube.