Chuwi is coming up with a new ultra-portable Windows 10 notebook – Chuwi MiniBook – via a crowdfunding project on Indiegogo.
Established in 2004, Chuwi is a popular Chinese OEM headquartered in Shenzhen. The company has gained some footing in the international market with its budget laptops and tablets aided by availability on Amazon as well as Chinese online retailers like AliExpress and GearBest which ship its devices globally.
The Chuwi MiniBook is an ultra-portable and compact laptop – about a quarter the size of a traditional laptop, even with an integrated keyboard. It features a 360° flipping hinge design allowing it to be transformed into a laptop or a tablet or into tent mode for entertainment seamlessly.
The MiniBook comes in two variants – a standard version with Celeron N4100 processor and a high-end version with Core M3-8100Y processor.
Chuwi MiniBook Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core m3 M3-8100Y | Intel Celeron N4100
- Graphics: Intel HD 615
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 128GB | M.2 SSD expansion support | TF card slot
- Display: 8-inch Full HD+ | 1920 x 1200 | 16:10 aspect ratio | 10 points multitouch
- Camera: 2MP
- Ports: USB Type-C with PD 2.0 | Mini HDMI | 1 x USB 3.0 | 1x USB 2.0 | 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 7000mAh
- Dimensions: 201 x 128 x 19mm
- Weight: 1.46lbs.
While the Indiegogo campaign is live already with benefits and perks for early backers, the shipping of the devices will start in September 2019.