Chuwi, an OEM that builds Windows 10 devices to rival Microsoft's own, has sent us a press release announcing their newest product: the SurBook. Yes, you read that right, Chuwi's next project is set to take on Microsoft's Surface Book.
The SurBook is advertised on its promotional page as "Powerful but Affordable". Here are the specifications so far:
- New generation Intel Appolo Lake N3450 processor and Intel Gen9 HD Graphics.
- 12.3 inch 2736 x 1824 2K resolution, 3:2 aspect ratio.
- 6GB DDR3 RAM + 128GB eMMC ROM.
- 10000 mAh Li-polymer battery, 12V/2A fast charging.
- 2.4/5Ghz dual-band Wi-Fi, 2MP/5MP dual camera.
- Two Full size USB 3.0 ports, one full function USB Type-C port (Support audio and video transmission).
- Ultra-slim detachable keyboard, 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity stylus.
All-metal body design, Windows 10 Redstone OS.
While this Surface-like spin-off is intriguing, there still isn't an estimated price as of yet. Knowing Chuwi though, it's likely to drop significantly from the official Microsoft device. An "early bird price" will be revealed once crowdfunding goes live, so subscribe on their page to be on top of that.
Also, there is a 10-day campaign event going on. By leaving a comment on the Indiegogo page and following their instructions between April 19-29th, users will be able to enter the drawing for a free SurBook. There will be two winners.
Let us know what you think about the SurBook. Will you be looking to back this project? Leave a comment below or tweet us @OnMSFT.