Nothing beats sitting on the couch in the afternoon, watching your favorite TV show while you dinner sits patiently in the oven. Sounds ideal right? Well, it’s not always like that. Sometimes, life gets in the way and we are unable to watch a particular show or season premiere that we were itching to see for days.
Fortunately, we can easily catch up on our favorite TV shows and movies, no matter where we are or what time it is. With our Windows 8.1 device, and even a Windows Phone device, we can utilize apps to bring some of the best TV and movie content right to our fingertips.
Microsoft has a collection of apps in the Windows Store (and Windows Phone Store) called TV Central. The apps available in this collection are not new, as they have been available for quite some time now. Microsoft has simply created this collection to make it easier for you to see your favorite show. Let’s take a look:
- A&E – Now you can watch your favorite A&E shows wherever and whenever you want, right on your Windows device.
- Animal Planet – Immerse yourself in the full range of life in the animal kingdom with great content from shows like River Monsters, Finding Bigfoot, Pit Bulls and Parolees, and more.
- Bravo Now – Watch full episodes of your favorite Bravo shows – and even new episodes the day after they air – by logging in via your television provider.
- Comedy Central – Get the latest episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, South Park and @midnight, plus other shows. Seriously, there’s hours and hours of stuff to watch: sign in with your TV provider to access everything.
- Hulu Plus– Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of current hit shows and acclaimed movies. Watch current season episodes of shows like Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Family Guy and many more. Requires subscription.
- MTV Shows – Watch MTV shows from your favorite Windows 8 device. Just sign in with your TV provider to watch recent episodes from select MTV series anytime and anywhere.
- Netflix – Get the free app as a part of your Netflix membership and you can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & movies.
- Nick – Watch short & funny original videos featuring your favorite stars and animated characters, play tons of games, check out photos of Nick stars, and more.
- Roku – The Roku app for Windows 8.1 allows Roku users to control their Roku player over their home network.
- Simple .TV – A Simple.TV network connected DVR lets you watch, pause, and record free over-the-air HDTV.
- SyFy Now – Syfy Now is your destination for full episodes of your favorite Syfy shows, including new episodes available the day after they air for most programs.
- The CW – With The CW Network app, you can watch full episodes and clips of your favorite CW shows.
- TBS for Windows – Watch. Laugh. Share. Get exclusive clips from the funniest TBS comedies served up on all of your Windows 8 devices.
- TLC – This free app delivers content from your favorite real-life TV characters on TLC, including shows like Cake Boss, Say Yes To The Dress, Sister Wives, Long Island Medium and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo to your mobile world.
- USA Now – USA NOW is your mobile destination for full episodes of your favorite USA shows, including new episodes available the day after they air on television and back episodes for some shows.
- UVideos – Univision now offers the most comprehensive Spanish-language video app that connects users with thousands of hours of video including full length episodes of its most popular telenovelas and dramas, clips from Univision Networks shows.
- VH1 -Check out full episodes (included with your TV subscription from participating providers), get bonus content from your favorite shows, and see all the additional video VH1 creates
- Watch ABC – Whether you’re at home or out and about, you can enjoy your favorite ABC TV shows, sports, and local news & weather on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- WWE – Catch up with all the latest action in the WWE universe right on your Windows 8 device.
Most of these apps are also available on Windows Phone too, and you can head over here to check out the collection. As you can see from the list above, there are quite a number of apps available in the Windows Store that allow you to catch up on your favorite TV show.
Have you tried any of these apps? Which app is your favorite? Let everyone know in the comments below.