– [url=http://www.canon-europe.com/]Canon Europe[/url] today unveiled a wide range of new products and concept imaging technologies at Canon EXPO 2010 in Paris, which will shape the future of imaging for consumer, professional, business and healthcare environments.
– Canon is building on a history of continuous innovation and re-affirming its goal to develop products recognised as number one in their categories.
– The company will also outline its commitment to further develop its services business to deliver value for customers with a new Consultancy Services business, entering the enterprise information and media management market.
Imaging Innovation at Canon EXPO 2010
– In the ‘New Perspective of Imaging’ zone, Canon’s technologies give visitors a unique view into the power of image; to see images in a way they could not have seen before – making the invisible, visible.
– A compact and lightweight Multi-purpose Camera is revealed, which supports both video and still image capture with ultra-high definition 4K resolution. Suitable for both work and professional use, it has a newly developed CMOS sensor for video shooting at high frame rates in excess of 60 frames per second.
– Interactive mixed reality; combining the real and virtual worlds in real-time to create a visual experience in which users can not only “see” images in a visual space, but also control and create them. Canon’s Mixed Reality concept system uses a head-mounted display with built-in cameras and a computer which processes video to blend real and virtual realities.
– A range of new medical imaging innovations, from Canon’s first fully integrated low-dose digital radiography system, to eyecare imaging solutions that enable healthcare professionals to visualise the retina in 3D for quicker and more accurate diagnosis for patients.
Canon Business Strategy Update
– During his keynote address, Mr Fujio Mitarai, Chairman and CEO Canon Inc. provided details of Canon’s business strategy for the next five years, promoting Canon’s two longstanding key strategies of globalisation and diversification.
Canon and Océ
– In March 2010, Canon became the majority shareholder in Océ. The two companies will be demonstrating their products and solutions together for the first time at EXPO and exhibiting the broadest portfolio of production and large format print systems available to the professional print market.
– Integration planning is well underway and initial steps to combine Canon and Océ’s product portfolios are now being taken in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
– Océ is already selling a range of Canon devices through its channels and Canon will start to sell its first Océ products at the end of the year.
– Illustrating its commitment to broadening services available to customers, Canon Europe will unveil a new Consultancy Services business.
– Canon will collaborate with Accenture to enter an emerging European enterprise information and media management market, predicted to be worth $9.6bn annually.
– Drawing on Canon’s expertise and heritage in information and imaging solutions and Accenture’s leading business management consulting services, this new business will target large enterprise companies initially in UK Switzerland, Finland and Austria with six further countries going live in 2011.
Mr Ryoichi Bamba, President and CEO, Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa.
“Canon EXPO 2010 Paris is an exciting demonstration of Canon’s vision for the way in which people incorporate imaging technology into both their personal and working lives”.
“Imaging innovation is at the heart of Canon’s business strategy and today we have brought together Canon’s present and future visions for the industry, showcasing the power of image”.[b]