The Windows Insider program has proven to be a tremendous success in both generating interest and awareness in Windows 10 and in gathering user feedback to make the new operating system the best it can be. Windows Insiders are also part of a very distinct community, led by recently-anointed Queen of the Big Red Button Dona Sarkar. Now, the program wants to pull everything together with a new official Windows Insider T-shirt, and they want you to help design it.
Interested in designing our first official Windows Insider T-shirt? Enter our design contest! https://t.co/RbQ74J00Kd
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) June 7, 2016
The process is relatively simple. Just follow the directions below (via MSDN) to enter your design by June 30, 2016, and if you win, your design will grace the upper torsos of potentially millions of Windows Insiders around the world. Also, you and four other finalists will receive a t-shirt free of charge while others will have to purchase their own from the Microsoft Company Store.
Step 1: Register here as a Windows Insider if you’re not already. (It’s free).
Step 2: Register here as a TechRewards user if you’re not already. (It’s also free).
To enter your design, just follow the steps below and submit your design by June 30, 2016.
Step 3: Come up with a great idea. We’re looking for designs that capture the spirit and excitement of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), including the chance to:
- Help build the next great version of Windows
- Provide feedback that goes directly to our engineering teams
- Be one of the first to try exciting new Windows features
- Join a community of other Windows fans and tech enthusiasts
Step 4: Create your design. Your design might just become our next official Windows Insider T-shirt – so it’ll have to meet the following criteria:
- Make sure your design will display clearly on either a blue or grey T-shirt (examples shown below)
- Add one of the official Windows logos from the folder located here. You may use the Windows logo in full (symbol + text) or just the Windows symbol by itself
- Include the words “Windows Insider Program” or “Windows Insiders” or “Windows Insider”
- Use only original graphics and text (English only, please)
- No third party design elements
- No photography
- Note that judges will select the winning design based on three criteria: effective communication of WIP benefits (40%); creativity (40%) and design quality (20%)
- Check Official Contest Rules (listed below) for more details
Step 5: Submit your design.
- Save your design as a standard image file (.JPEG, .GIF, .TIFF).
- Upload your design file via your OneDrive account. Get the link to the file (right click on file name, then click Share>Get a link and copy link). Paste this link into the “Comments” box at right (or at bottom in mobile view). Then click Participate.
- You’re all set! We’ll announce the winner and finalists in July.
Of course, there are plenty of official rules to keep in mind, as always. But if you’re the creative type and would like to determine at least one aspect of the Windows Insider program going forward, then go submit your entry. Remember that you only have until June 30, 2016 to enter, and so put on those thinking caps.Further reading: Contests, Microsoft, Windows 10 Insider