While some may still be reading into head of Xbox Phil Spencer’s comments from last week’s interview at the 2015 Geekwire Summit, the Xbox team is moving forward with a new team up for gaming fans. Microsoft has recently announced it’s teaming up with Blizzard Entertainment to sponsor this year’s BlizzardCon 2015. The annual convention of Blizzard gamers and fans from around the globe will now have Microsoft’s backing during the event.
What does that mean?
Well for starters, anyone who can’t find attend the event can now stream the Opening Ceremony live on their Xbox with the Xbox Live Events app (XLEi). Fans attending will notice Windows 10 sponsoring throughout the convention as Blizzard’s gaming community happens to be one of the biggest communities out there. According to Xbox’s MajorNelson, the Microsoft sponorships also comes with five lucky fans eligible to receive passes to the event, and a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
The full details of the event are as follow:
- Date and Time: 06 November to 07 November
- Location: Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California
- If you are randomly selected, you will receive an email with directions how to receive your badge and prize
- Major Nelson will be accepting invitation requests via email until 16 October at 12:00p EDT and will notify winners on or about 19 October
- This offer is only for an invitation to the event – you are responsible for all other travel and/or lodging expenses
For anyone interested in free passes or just attending BlizzCon 2015 in Anaheim, California on November 6th and 7th, email (major at xbox.com) or visit the official BlizCon2015 website for more details.Further reading: Major Nelson, Microsoft, Phil Spencer, Xbox One