BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) Beta for Windows Phone is now available for testing
The highly anticipated BlackBerry Messenger Beta for Windows Phone is now available for download. BBM has seen its fair share of success after it was released for Android and iOS last year, and now Windows Phone users can join in on the fun.
“As the popularity of BBM continues to grow, we are thrilled to have the opportunity to expand its availability to the Windows Phone community. The BBM app for Windows Phone is an exciting new chapter for the BBM service, and we are excited to be working with Microsoft to deliver a new level of collaboration to the Windows Phone platform,” says John Sims, President Global Enterprise Services at BlackBerry.
As of right now, BBM for Windows Phone features Chats, Groups, the ability to invite friends, Feeds, and the ability to pin a group or chat to the Start Screen. For now, BBM is focused on brining speed, privacy, and security of BBM to Windows Phone. Version two of the app is already in the works, with additional features.
Here are the key features of the app:
- Quickly share photos, voice notes, BBM contacts and your location.
- See when contacts are responding to your message.
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself.
- Pin BBM Groups and 1:1 chats to the Start screen for easy access to your most important chats.
- Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
- You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private and you always control who can contact you.
- You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you.
- Post a profile picture using images or pictures.
- Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel.
Hit the download link below to snag the public Beta of BBM. The Beta works on both Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1.BBM, Windows Phone