Getting your website to rank well on search indexes is paramount for many websites, especially ones with ever changing content. This week, Bing has made it easier for site owners to submit URLs directly to Bing, releasing the Bing URL Submission Plugin for WordPress.
The plugin isn’t complicated, webmasters just need to install it to their WordPress site, fill out an API key generated with a Bing Webmaster Tools account, and it will begin to automatically submit newly generated URLs to the Bing Index. While the whole operation is pretty simple and “set it and forget it,” there are a few extra features:
- The ability to toggle the automatic submission feature on and off.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
The tool is open source and available on GitHub, so site owners not on WordPress can check out the code and modify it to suit their own content management systems, or you can find it from WordPress by going to Plugins>Add New and searching for Bing URL Submissions.