Bing released a new iPhone app last month, on November 18, to be precise. It added a number of features to make utilizing Bing on Apple's popular smartphone easier and more efficient. Yesterday, the Bing team provided an update to the app to make it even more appealing.
Here's what's new:
- Barcode scanner for comparison shopping with prices from twelve major retail stores (including Amazon, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Macys, and others). Happy Holidays!
- Real-time data from Uber when you tap "Get a ride" or the Uber app icon.
- Support for animated GIFs
- Left/right swipe navigation
- Improved overall performance and responsiveness, reduced crashes
- Improved Video and Image search input experience
In case you're not familiar, here's an overview of the Bing app from its introduction:
Microsoft continues to make its presence known on competitive platforms, and iOS is no exception. Bing isn't shy about joining the cross-platform movement, which makes sense given the value of Apple customers to Microsoft's search efforts. Now, we wish Google would realize the same thing about Windows users.