Bing apps, Tweetium, and Tubecast add improvements and new features in their latest update
You might want to fire the Store app as several Windows Phone apps including a bunch of Bing apps, Tubecast, and Tweetium have received updates. Here’s a brief rundown on what you can expect in their new versions.
Bing News, Bing Health & Fitness, Bing Travel, Bing Sports, Bing Weather, Bing Food & Drink, and Bing Finance have been updated. But since Microsoft hasn’t provided any changelog, it seems these update only offer performance improvements and bug fixes.
Tweetium, a popular third-party client for Twitter, has also snagged an update. This is the third update this app has received this week. The company had provided a major update for the client just two days ago. Not to be outdone, Tweetium for Windows 8.1 received several fixes and improvements yesterday.
Bumping up the build number to 250, the new version adds the following improvements:
- Fix a crash reported by a user
- Ensure Connect tab can refresh even if getting RTs fails
- Make stream behavior match initial fetch behavior with regard to reply handling
- Added some background task diagnostics
- Further logging improvements
Tubecast for Windows Phone also adds several exciting features in today’s update. Tubecast is a Google’s Chromecast alternative and is an app that allows users to stream YouTube videos. With today’s update, the app is getting Apple AirPlay support as well. For those who are unfamiliar, AirPlay is a service available on iOS that lets users stream music and movies. Here’s the complete changelog for your convenience.
- Apple AirPlay full support (passwords handled too)
- Chromecast bug fix (video seek) for the new firmware
- DLNA bug fix, have a try if cast didn’t work
- Preload MP3 from videos
- Windows Phone 7 video playing bug fix
- New gesture : hold to close the Picture in Picture
- Picture in picture bug position fix
- Bug fix for fullscreen video HD playing (no more drop frames)
- New channel page user interface (more handy)
- Keep playing while switching apps is now disabled by default (change in the settings)
- Youtube URL copy to clipboard : direct access in the application bar
- Newsfeed faster loading & less data downloaded
- Live Tile shows newsfeed subscription when you are logged
- 20 icons improved
To snag the updates, fire up the Store app, and grab the downloads, or you can also visit the download links from below to get the updated version. Are there any features that you would like to see in their next update? Share your ideas below!Bing, Tubecast, Tweetium, Windows Phone