Bethesda has been working diligently to release updates for their two popular video games, Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.
Fallout 4's update to 1.8 went live on PC on November 7. The release will be coming to Xbox One soon but is currnetly still waiting for certification for consoles.
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out
The highly anticipated The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition released just last month was updated to 1.2 yesterday. The patch rolled out across all available platforms (PC, Xbox One, and PS4) with its own list of bug fixes.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods
Recently, both were released on Xbox One with the new Bethesda.net modding community enabled. Players from around the world are finally allowed to submit the user-created mods. These creations change the gameplay and aesthetics to the platform release. Users can then download their preferred mods into their own games on the console. As any fan favorite feature, there are a lot of kinks to iron out.