If you’re playing Skyrim Special Edition or Fallout 4, you might want to check out some new guidelines for modding the games.
Some of the guidelines include tips on how to create high-quality work, and advice for joining the modding community. Bethesda also links to other resources such as the Creation Kit wikis, Creation Kit Forums, and a starting point for modders about Skyrim Special Edition.
Additionally, the developer lists the following Best Practices for Sharing Mods:
- Upload screenshots and box art for your Mod. Box Art dimensions are 260×260. Screenshot dimensions are 1315×740.
- Be descriptive in naming your mod and in your mod description.
- Keep the latest updates, news and known issues at the TOP of the description field so users see that information first.
- Avoid generic names.
- Start a thread devoted to your Mod in our Forums for feedback.
- Create a website for your Mod! Treat it like your Mod’s marketing product page.
- Use social media to publicize your mods.
Reasons for why Mods are removed, such as uploading Mods without box art, Mods with third party content, mods with explicit materials are also included in the guidelines. For the complete details, you can head over to the official Bethesda blog. Once you’ve checked it out, be sure to drop us a comment in the section below.