We've said it before and we'll say it again. Tweetium is our favorite Twitter app for Windows. Now, the app has received a major update to version 3.0, making its first official release on Windows Phone after a period of beta testing. If you just unwrapped a brand new Windows Phone device, now is the perfect time to give Tweetium a try.
Brandon Paddock, the man behind the popular Tweetium app for Windows 8.1, has been working hard on a Twitter app for Windows Phone. Now available for anyone to download on Windows Phone, the app aims to dethrone the official Twitter app with plenty of cool features and multi-account support. It's the same app that's on Windows 8.1, adapted to run on Windows Phone 8.1.
For those that did not know, Tweetium is currently the premiere Twitter client on Windows 8.1. It is fast and slick, and has been designed with feedback from serious Twitter users. The main purpose of the app is to help you get the most out of Twitter, while on your desktop, laptops, and tablets. Now, you can enjoy it on your Windows Phone too.
The app for Windows Phone is a universal app, which means existing owners of the Windows app will not have to pay a cent. If you purchase a Pro subscription, which allows you to have more than one Twitter account and push notifications, it will apply to both versions.
Here is the complete change log for version 3.0. You can download the app via the download link below. It costs $2.99 and a free trial is available.
- First official release on phone!
- New theme system!
- You can now choose from a set of background colors and pair it with your choice of accent color (or none at all!).
- Multiple photo upload is now supported
- Added "Start at last read" option: This will load to your last read position, up to about 200 tweets back (the most Twitter will provide in one request).
- Connect+ is now enabled by default for all Pro users -- More improvements to this coming via server updates soon
- Updated UI for profiles (particularly in portrait layout)
- Many UI and layout tweaks throughout the app
- Last read indicator is now attached to the top of the last read tweet, to help keep it from going under scrollbars
- Performance improvements
- Reduced battery and bandwidth usage
- Reduced occurrences of (non-stream) rate limit errors
- Fixed image embedding for conversation entries with multiple images
- Worked around a phone-only OS bug causing secondary touch contacts to trigger accidental thread expansions or button/link presses.
- Cancel pending thread expansions when moved off-screen
- Workaround for unmute function being undone by mute roaming
- All assets are now available at all scale sizes on phone
- Updated logo
- Fixes to loading and position restoration